Brisbane art and craft classes and parties for adults and children
|A workshop led by Scattered Arts President, Wendy Goode|
Our art classes and workshops are conducted by experienced tutors who understand their subject well and go out of their way to make each lesson instructive and enjoyable.
Early bookings for all classes or workshops are essential, so please request an enrolment form by telephone or email.
Monday Classes for Adults - Watercolour painting with award winning artist,
Morning Class: 9.30am to 12.30pm fortnightly
Afternoon Class: 1.00pm to 4.00pm fortnightly.
Learn how to paint in this exciting and transparent medium, learning various techniques at your level. Emphasis is placed on developing skills to compose your own paintings, whether floral, landscape, seascape, or portraits.
Cost: $35 per class. Materials are not supplied. A list will be supplied on booking.
Sunday Classes for Adults -
1. Water mixable oil painting with Cary McAulay
2. Acrylic painting with Cary McAulay
All Sundays unless otherwise advised by tutor.
Acrylic painting is 12.30pm to 2.30pm - Water Mixable Oil Painting is 4.00pm to 6.00pm
These courses introduces participants to some of the many types of painting styles. They helps ease participants into creating classical, abstract and multi-media works by using painted and/or drawn sketches of everyday objects as the starting point for their compositions.
Cost: $35 per class. Materials not supplied. A list will be provided on booking.
Sunday Class for Children - Acrylic Oil Painting with Cary McAulay
All Sundays from 9.30am to 11.30am unless otherwise advised by tutor.
Cost: $25 per class. Materials not supplied. A list will be provided on booking.
Creative Workshops for 2017
Hand-built pottery for children with Jan Steer
$30 per class, includes all materials. Every third Saturday of the month (excluding public holidays) 10am to 12noon.
An extra special class for creative children who love working with clay.
Bag or Book Workshop with Wendy Goode
$40 per class plus $10 materials fee (paid to tutor at workshop). Every fourth Tuesday of the month 10am to 12noon.
Produce a denim tote or denim notebook cover using fabric printing, appliqué, beading and basic machining techniques.
Basic Sewing Skills with Nellie Hattin
$20 per class plus $10 materials fee (paid to tutor at workshop). Every first and third Thursday of the month, 10am to 12noon.
Learn the basics of machine sewing so you feel confident to create a simple skirt. BYO sewing machine. Maximum of three participants.
Fantastic gift boxes with Tricia Smout
$20 per class plus $5 materials fee (paid to tutor at workshop). First Wednesday of the month 10am to 12 noon.
Make some really interesting boxes for special gifts using many different techniques of paper folding and cutting.
Basic Knitting and Crochet with Lorraine McAllister
$20 per class plus $5 materials fee (paid to tutor at workshop). Every second Tuesday of the month 10am to 12noon.
Making garments, accessories and useful objects.
Beaded Bracelets with Anna-Margot
$30 per class + materials (paid to tutor at workshop). Every second and fourth Wednesday of the month 10am to 12 noon.
Make a variety of styles and explore new techniques from weaving to wire-wrapping. See Anna-Margots' downloadable brochure for more details.
Polymer Clay with Gill Scott
$20 per class + $5 materials fee. Please download Gill's brochure for further details.
Friday Get-togethers with Ailsa McEvoy
Coffee/Craft/Chat: 10am to 12noon
Come along for some quality time with other crafters, work on your own project, or learn new techniques from crafters who really know what they're doing. Materials are not supplied.
Cost: $8 per session.
Themed Birthday Parties
Art/Craft themed birthday parties for boys and girls. Two hours from agreed time.
Choose from a range of fun activities. Suitable for 8 to 14 year olds, payment for min. 6, max. 10 children to be made 2 weeks in advance. The party host may provide party food such as small cakes and juice poppers. All art materials are supplied.
Cost: $25 per child.
Themed Art/Craft Adult Parties are also available
Please email and telephone for further information. Cost depends on type of party required and number of participants.
BOOK NOW TO SECURE YOUR PLACE!
2107 class brochures for download
New workshops on beaded jewellery by Anna-Margot
New workshop using polymer clay by Gill Scott
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN SCATTERED ARTS WORKSHOPS & ART CLASSES.
Please note the following terms and conditions when registering for a class.
1. PAYMENT WILL BE MONTHLY ie A BLOCK OF 4/5 WEEKS IS TO BE PAID IN FULL AT THE FIRST CLASS OF THE MONTH. This will assist our volunteer roster members to handle the bookings/payments more efficiently.
Please note: Paying in advance is the best way to reserve your place as we are unable to guarantee a place at consecutive lessons for the student who pays at either the start or end of a single lesson.
2. As most classes have waiting lists, the student agrees to give at least 24 hours notice if unable to attend a class. This may enable a person from the waiting list to join the class, thus saving the student the cost of the missed class. If notice hasn't been received at least 24 hours before the class, and/or a replacement can't be found, then there is no refund for the cost of the missed class.
3. Students are required to put in writing a request for a Special Circumstance Refund for a missed class, which will be considered by the Management Committee at its next monthly meeting. Students will be informed of the outcome in writing from the Management Committee. If this is not done, the student understands that there is no refund for missed classes.
4. If a class is missed and the Management Committee decides that a Special Circumstance Refund is justified, payment will be refunded in the next available block of monthly classes.
5. Scattered Arts regrets that it is unable to offer any discounts or part payments on any classes.
6. These conditions are required due to the current economic situation but please feel free to discuss any concerns with the Management Committee.
7. Students will be required to sign an Attendance Book at the commencement of each class, to meet our Workplace Health and Safety requirements.
8.Parking is limited at Scattered Arts. Our lease agreement allows us one ‘SHOP’ parking bay for volunteer staff, and the loading bay. Parking is not available along the driveway so as not to block the driveway and/or footpath. Tutors are welcome to park in our designated areas; however students are asked to find street parking after unloading their art equipment.